A lovely blogger named Charley over at booksandbakes1 nominated me for my second Liebster Award ages ago and I’m finally getting around to posting this. Since I’ve seen other people do this multiple times I don’t see why I shouldn’t do it again! (I have a third nomination that I’ll get to eventually)
So here are the rules if you didn’t see my last post….
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominated blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they have been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
- What are the three best books you have read this year? (So far) OMG, this is such a hard question! The Life and Death of Sophie Stark by Anna North, Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone, and A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman.
- What is your favourite meal and why? There’s this restaurant called Olive Press here that makes a dish called pasta fritti. It’s deep-fried pasta that is covered in nacho toppings, with alfredo sauce instead of salsa. It is seriously to die for. I always get it whenever there’s a special occasion, like anniversaries and birthdays.
- Where was the last place you visited in the world? I guess this means vacation, so the last place I visited was Montreal! You can read all about my adventures there in this post, and this one, and this one!
- What is your favourite book? Okay, this is the hardest question ever! Umm… I’m going to have to say The Oathbound by Mercedes Lackey. I’ve had this book forever, read it a bazillion times, and will probably keep reading it over and over for the rest of my life. Every time I read it I seem to focus on a different part of the plot, so I always find something new and interesting in the story.
- Prose or poetry or drama? All of the above is allowed, right? I’ll read just about anything as long as it appeals to me.
- If you were in a book, who would be your best friend? I’d like to think that if I were ever able to be in a book (like in the Thursday Next series) I would visit Pride & Prejudice and be besties with Elizabeth Bennet. We both love books, neither of us think that we should be defined by our appearance, and we can’t abide rude people.
- Name one thing you’d like to do before you’re 70. Travel around the world. I have so many places I want to go see, like Greece and Rome and Scotland and Australia. I just need an unlimited income and a lot of time to visit everywhere. That’s totally realistic, right? 😛
- What is your biggest dream? To write a book, get published, become famous, you know… the usual dream for most of us book bloggers. I just haven’t figured out what I want to write about yet.
- What is your favourite genre of writing? My favourite books usually have some sort of magic involved, so probably fantasy. I do try to read a bit of everything though, and I have favourite books in just about every genre.
- You write a novel based on your life. What is it called? Haha… probably The Literary Counsellor!
The Nominees (if you have already been nominated for this, be like me and do it again!):
- reading hungry
- Jewel’s Eclectic Books
- Illeanas Book Reviews
- Literary Ramblings Etc
- Literary Lorren
- Curiouser and curiouser
- The Blue Bore
- Creative Harmony
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- If you could recommend only one book for me to read, what would it be?
- What and where is your favourite book store, and why?
- What hobbies do you have other than reading?
- If you could have one magical/mythical animal as a pet, what would it be?
- How do you decide if you want to read a book or not?
- You inherited a bookstore (Congratulations!) but you have to change the name. What do you call it?
- What was your least favourite book to read in school and why?
- If you could visit Hogwarts (the fictional version) or Narnia, but not both, which would you choose and why?